M.A.L.I. | THE MACABRE DICTIONARY OF VIRGINITY TESTING
For Arab Women’s Day on February 1st, 2022, M.A.L.I. (Mouvement Alternatif pour les Libertés Individuelles) pursued its fight against sexual violence, launching a creative campaign that champions equality in sexual rights for girls and women across the MENA region. Together with TBWA\RAAD, they released “The Macabre Dictionary of Virginity Testing”, a dictionary beautifully illustrated in a children’s book style to challenge controversial issues – which are far from childish topics.
- 100,000 copies distributed across 17 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
- Free copies were sent out to influencers, journalists, and activists who promoted the dictionary (including Elvire Duvelle-Charles, FEMEN activist, author, creator of ‘Clit Révolution’, Maryam Namazie, human rights activist, commentator, spokesperson of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain, Isabelle Laé-Lesquer, author, influencer and activist, Marilou Clair, Sonia Alileche, Sarah Ounesli, Afaf Bessa, authors, influencers and activists, Ibtissam Betty Lachgar, psychologist, human rights activist, and LGBT advocate, co-founder of M.A.L.I.).
- The dictionary is also available as free E-book, already downloaded in 97 countries.
- 1.2 million social impressions.
- Covered by media in more than 120 countries.